An aromatic, mesophilic culture used in producing Cottage Cheese, Neufchatel, Chevre, and other soft cheeses. Also used as the culture in flavorful aged cheese varieties such as Blue Cheese and Baby Swiss.
- Each box contains 8 packets of direct-set starter culture.
- Store extra packets in the freezer.
- Use as directed by your recipe or at the following rate: 1 packet per gallon of milk, 2 packets per 2-4 gallons, or 4 packets per 5-10 gallons.
- Heat milk and culture according to temperatures outlined in your recipe.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no maintenance required.